Date of creation
1986 (successor to the CES-Energy Study Centre founded in 1974)
Tutelage and Ministry
Ministry for Ecological Transition and Demographic Challenge
Government agency reporting to the Secretary of State for Energy
The Institute for Energy Diversification and Savings works in the areas of energy efficiency, renewable energy sources and transport. It advises the ministry on the implementation of energy policies.
- Technical and financial support for RES and RUE projects
- Technical advise to public administrations.
- Initiatives aimed at introducing new and more efficient technologies to the market and integrating mature technologies on the Spanish market
- Distribution activities
- Negotiation of cooperation agreements with industrial sectors to promote greater use of energy/RUE
- Participation in the management and promotion of European Union programmes and projects – National Contact Point of H2020 Program for “Secure, Clean and Efficient Energy “
- Participation in international networks
- Distribution of Spanish technology abroad and search for information of international interest for Spanish companies.
- Grant Management for the 4th Objective (Energy transition) of the Operational Program for Sustainable Growth (FEDER) – Period 2014-2020
Organization & staff
€298 million in 2017
Number of employees
121 permanent employees, 28 temporary employees as of 1 January 2018
See the organisational structure